What Does Certified Pre-Owned Mean?
Certified pre-owned is the gold standard for used vehicles. If you’re shopping for a used car, you may be wondering, “What does certified pre-owned mean?” Essentially, it means that a used vehicle meets specific requirements set by the manufacturer, and offers comprehensive warranty coverage you wouldn’t get from a standard pre-owned car. You get the best of both worlds — the reliability of a new car and the cost-effectiveness of a used one. Learn more about the CPO meaning below!
Mercedes-Benz CPO Requirements
Not just any vehicle can earn the status of “Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz.” To qualify for the program, a used vehicle must meet the following standards without exception:
- Model-Year Eligibility: Only cars no older than six model years are eligible for the Mercedes-Benz CPO Program. In addition, there’s a 120,000 km limit to help give Toronto buyers greater peace of mind.
- Vehicle History Report: A clean record is a requirement for all CPO Mercedes-Benz vehicles. You’ll be given full access to a CARFAX Vehicle History Report so you can evaluate the car’s service history.
- Inspection: All prospective CPO Mercedes-Benz vehicles must undergo and pass an intensive 166-point inspection completed by a certified technician. The inspection includes key areas like the engine compartment, transmission, brake system, and more.
Why Consider a CPO Vehicle?
The benefits seemingly never end when you choose a Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz for sale near Oshawa. In addition to overall reliability, you can expect the following advantages:
- Warranty Coverage: If there’s any coverage left from the car’s original factory warranty (4 years or 80,000 km), it’ll remain throughout the original term. Once that coverage expires, the standard Mercedes-Benz Star Certified Pre-Owned Warranty will offer protection for up to another 2 years or a total of 120,000 accumulated kilometres.
- CPO Program-Specific Benefits: For added protection, you’ll enjoy benefits like 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Trip Interruption Coverage, and a five-day/500 km Vehicle Exchange Privilege.
New vs. Used vs. Certified Pre-Owned
How does a Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz compare to a new or used model? Here’s a quick comparison to help break it down:
- Used vehicles are often less expensive than new and CPO vehicles, and offer a wide range of makes, models, years, and mileages. Take a look at our used Mercedes-Benz SUVs!
- Certified pre-owned vehicles are a happy medium between new and used, and include benefits like warranty protection without the new-car price tag.
- New vehicles offer access to the latest features and technologies from the brand, as well as reliability.
Explore Our CPO Inventory at Mercedes-Benz Durham
If you’re looking for an impressive selection of Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz vehicles, look no further than Mercedes-Benz Durham near Markham. Contact us online or give us a call at (905) 666-8805 to learn more about our CPO selection, or how to take advantage of our current certified pre-owned vehicle specials! While you’re here, be sure to check out some of our fun and informative blogs, covering topics from the differences between coupes and sedans and the history of the Mercedes-Benz logo! Also, be sure to check out our used Mercedes-Benz C-Class sedans for sale!